Wireless Terms of Service
Acceptable Use Policy
Cherry Springs Dark Sky Fund / Association Acceptable Use Policy
Acceptable Use Policy: Cherry Springs Dark Sky Fund / Association (Dark Sky) supports the free flow of information and ideas over the Internet and does not actively monitor use of the Services under normal circumstances. Dark Sky may cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrong. The following constitute violations of this policy:
- Illegal Use. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting or otherwise) that, intentionally or unintentionally, violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any rules or regulations promulgated there under.
- Harm to Minors. Using the Services to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way.
- Threats. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Harassment. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that harasses another.
- Fraudulent activity. Using the Services to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services or to advance any type of financial scam such as "pyramid schemes," "Ponzi schemes" and "chain letters."
- Forgery or Impersonation. Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation. Using deliberately misleading headers ("munging" headers) in news postings in order to avoid spam email address collectors is allowed.
- Unsolicited commercial email/Unsolicited bulk email. Using the Services to transmit any unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email. Activities that have the effect of facilitating unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email whether or not that email is commercial in nature, are prohibited.
- Unauthorized Access. Using the Services to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of Dark Sky or another entity's computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data.
- Copyright or Trademark Infringement. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
- Collection of Personal Data. Using the Services to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- Reselling the Services. Reselling the Services without Dark Sky authorization is prohibited.
- Network Disruptions and Unfriendly Activity. Using the Services for any activity which adversely affects the ability of other people or systems to use Dark Sky services or the Internet. This includes "denial of service" (DoS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, network services or network equipment is prohibited. It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that their network is configured in a secure manner. A Customer may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their network for illegal or inappropriate actions. A Customer may not permit their network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use their network in an illegal or inappropriate manner.
Limitations of Liability: Dark Sky assumes no liability for performance degradation due to line-of-site impedance or obstructions, radio-frequency (RF) interference, or natural or man-made obstacles. Dark Sky assumes no liability for loss of data, revenue or other circumstances resulting from delays, non-deliveries, misdeliveries or Service interruptions. Dark Sky will not be held responsible for any damages that may occur to any other equipment or property, or any other consequential or incidental damages of any kind, whether based on contact, negligence, or strict liability.
Any violations of the above policies can result in the immediate termination from the system and termination is up to the discretion of the Cherry Springs Dark Sky Fund/Association